Local History Club
The Club covers all aspects of local history within the Surrey Heath area and sometimes beyond. It aims to encourage research, documentation, publication and dissemination of local history in as many ways as possible.
There is an annual programme of meetings intended to appeal to a wide range of interests. Meetings are informal, and include lectures, film/ slide shows and outside visits.
The Club meets monthly, (September to July) , generally in the Carson Suite at the Adult Education Centre in Camberley @ 7:30pm on the 2nd Wednesday of the month
The Club also produces two Newsletters each year, and Members of the Club have published numerous pamphlets and books on local history topics.
Next Club Meeting
Wednesday 10th October 2018.
In the 70th Anniversary Year of the NHS
Trefor Hogg will talk about the
‘Health Services in Surrey Heath’
@ France Hill House, at 7.30pm.
Click on CONTACTS above for details about joining the club.
Recent Changes to the website:
- 17th September - Newsletter Index updated to include August 2018 Newsletter
- 13th September - Meetings Programme for 2018-2019 added
- 12th September - late notices about Heritage Open Days for 2nd weekend - 13th -16th September
- 24th August - St Paul's Heritage Open Day click here for full details,
1st meeting September 13th see above
- 21st August - Programme of Museum Events for Autumn 2018, Heritage Open Day @ Bisley School Chapel click here for details
- 16th August - Brookwood tours now running on Sundays until December. click for details
- 3rd August - Museum & Heritage Gallery page updated
- 17th July - Details of tours of Brookwood Military Cemetry added to HOME page
- 19th June - Membership Form 2018-2019 added (Contacts/ Join Us) click here to view/ download form